Are you considering having a tummy tuck in Florida? Then, youâ€™re probably wondering what the recovery period will be like. Itâ€™s only natural to be concerned about how long it will take for your body to heal. After all, you want to be well-prepared mentally and physically for the procedure. Knowing the kind of discomfort you will experience is something that is important to most patients.Â
Hereâ€™s your ultimate recovery guide so you can have that knowledge at your fingertips. Armed with this guide, youâ€™ll know the best precautionary measures you should take. Youâ€™ll also become aware of the little things you can have in place for the smoothest possible recovery.
Your Preparation Checklist
Here are some things you may want to prepare before having your procedure:
- Ready prepared meals and snacks. You will probably find cooking tiring and difficult in the early recovery period. Prepare some frozen meals that you just have to put in the microwave. Also, make sure to have some easy-to-unpack snacks on hand.Â
- Consider your pets. If you have dogs or cats at home, youâ€™ll need to arrange for someone to help care for them. You wonâ€™t be up to walking a dog for a few days after your surgery. You also donâ€™t want your pets to be jumping up on you right after the procedure. It may be best for your pets to stay with a friend or family member. Alternatively, you may want to arrange for them to stay at a cattery or kennel for a few days.
- Take small precautions. After surgery, youâ€™ll find it hard to stretch and bend over. Itâ€™s wise to prepare by taking items down from high shelves and out of lower cabinets.
- Exercise. Having a consistent workout routine is the best way to ensure your body is strong and healthy before surgery. However, donâ€™t push yourself too hard or you could cause yourself an injury. This would not be a good idea before surgery.
- Stop smoking and using any nicotine-containing products.Â
- Stop drinking alcohol before your surgery.
- Maintain a healthy diet with no fatty or sugary foods before surgery. This will guarantee your body is properly prepared for healing.Â
Products to Have in Place
There are some products that can make your life easier and more pleasant post-surgery. These include:
- A cane â€“This will help you to move from standing to sitting
- Stool softeners to prevent straining your stomach muscles
- A toilet booster seat
- Water bottles
- Reusable straws
- Ice packs that you can wear
- Traction socks
- Cleansing wipes and dry shampoo
- Antibiotic ointment
- Easy-to-wear clothing with no buttons or complex fasteners
- Slip-on shoes
Contacting Your Surgeon
When youâ€™re recovering from your tummy tuck in Florida, your surgeonâ€™s telephone number is a vital item to have nearby. If you have any questions or problems, you should call right away. Stress inhibits recovery. Therefore, calling your surgeon to get peace of mind is the best way to recuperate well. If you choose Artlipo for your tummy tuck procedure, you can rest assured weâ€™re happy to take your call. Weâ€™ll give you the guidance you need so you can recover safely.