To decide whether to have butt implants vs. BBL, you need to understand both procedures. Both forms of surgery improve the shape and size of the bottom. But both approaches are very different. Here, we take a closer look at both options so you can make a well-informed decision.
Should I Have Surgery to Enhance My Butt?
Thanks to the Kardashians and other celebrities, having a beautiful bottom has never been so important. Having a perfectly curving, rounded buttocks is essential if you want to look your best these days. If your butt is less than ideal, you may consider having surgery to enhance it. Some of the top reasons for having surgery to improve the bottom include:
- Having a lack of shape and definition
- Having a flat bottom
- Sagging of the buttocks due to age or weight loss
- Wanting to look more womanly
Any or all of these are good reasons for considering butt-enhancing surgery. However, choosing the best surgery for you requires some research.
What Are Butt Implants?
A butt implant is very similar to a breast implant. Essentially, it is an artificial device placed surgically in the buttock to create more volume. Butt implants are made from silicone. The surgeon makes an incision between the cheeks of the bottom and places the solid implants inside each buttock.
What Is a BBL?
The BBL or Brazilian Butt Lift is an alternative procedure to having butt implants. This surgery also enhances the bottom but uses the patient’s own fat to achieve a similar effect. The surgeon harvests fat from the patient via liposuction. They treat the fat to purify it and then reinject the fat into the patient’s buttocks. The patient achieves a rounder, curvier bottom by adding extra fat to the buttocks.
Are Butt Implants and BBLs The Same Thing?
Although butt implants and BBLs seem similar, they are very different procedures. The BBL uses no artificial devices to achieve extra volume in the buttocks. Instead, it uses the patient’s own fat to achieve the volumizing effect. Nevertheless, both procedures accomplish a similar outcome. Both can create a larger, curvier, and womanly bottom for a sexier silhouette.
Why Should I Consider Butt Implants?
There are several reasons why patients consider having butt implant surgery.
- There are more size options to pick from. Like breast implants, butt implants come in different sizes. You can choose the best size to achieve your body enhancement goals.
- You can gain more roundness and volume with implants than with a BBL. If you want to maximize your butt enhancement, implants may be the right choice for you.
- It achieves long-lasting results. Butt implants can stay in place for many years without needing removal or replacement.
- They are suitable for people with insufficient body fat to harvest with lipo. If you’re slim and lack excess fat elsewhere on your body, implants help you achieve the desired volume.
There are some negative points to bear in mind, though, before you choose to undergo butt implant surgery. These include the following:
- Scarring will occur due to the incision made between the butt cheeks.
- The recovery period can be painful and last for many weeks.
- It is an invasive surgery that requires a general anesthetic.
- There is a greater risk of infection due to the more invasive nature of the procedure.
- There is always a possibility of poor placement of the implants. Also, the implants may move out of position, causing an uneven appearance. Capsular contracture is another risk that results in requiring the removal of the implant.
Why Should I Consider a Butt Lift?
If you desire a rounder, curvier bottom, a Brazilian Butt Lift could be ideal for you. This procedure offers many benefits when compared with having butt implant surgery, including:
- A shorter downtime. You can return home on the same day as your procedure, as you will only have a local anesthetic.
- The recovery period is less painful when compared with having butt implants.
- There is less risk of scarring as the incisions are only tiny.
- There are fewer health risks overall with this procedure since you won’t have a general anesthetic.
- As the BBL involves no artificial devices, there are no worries about implant displacement.
- The outcome of the procedure is far more natural-looking.
- The liposuction element of the procedure reduces other fatty areas to enhance the result.
- A BBL can smooth out the skin and eliminate any indentations for a more attractive outcome.
- The BBL allows for better contouring due to the ability to inject the fat in specific areas.
Which Procedure Is Right for Me?
Whichever procedure you choose, you must be in good overall health and have realistic expectations of your outcome. It’s also essential to seek advice from a highly experienced and skilled surgeon. Get in touch with ArtLipo today to arrange a consultation with the talented surgical team. They can give you all the information you need to choose between butt implants vs. BBL.
Dr. Hamwi is an aesthetic plastic surgeon specializing in cosmetic surgical and non-invasive procedures. After completing residencies in both plastic surgery and general surgery as well as a fellowship at Harvard University, Dr. Hamwi then went on to pursue an aesthetic surgery fellowship at one of the country’s most competitive programs in Manhattan, New York. Less than one percent of plastic surgeons have completed such specialized training.