Are you considering having a Brazilian Butt Lift (or BBL)? If so, you’re probably wondering how good the results will be and, most importantly, how long they’ll last. Before you can have a BBL, you’ll need to be close to your ideal body weight. You’ll also need to have sufficient fat that a surgeon can transfer to your buttocks. If you don’t, you may need to put on weight before you can have your procedure.

Here at Artistic Lipo and Plastic Surgery, we are the top choice for a BBL in Florida. Therefore, we’re able to offer you expert advice. We’ll tell you all you need to know about what to expect from your BBL surgery.

The Outcome of BBL Surgery

The results of a BBL vary between patients. The outcome will depend on the way in which you can care for your buttocks after your surgery. During the first two weeks after the procedure, you could lose up to 40 percent of your initial butt volume. It’s important to be aware of this, otherwise, you may be disappointed and worried. Rest assured, however, that we are aware this is a normal after-effect of the procedure. Therefore, we always overfill during the surgery to make sure we have compensated for this loss. 

After this initial loss, the stem cells will start to regenerate. They will begin to produce extra fat cells. As a result, there’ll be an increase in the volume of your butt. Between three and six months post-procedure, everything will finally stabilize. At this point, you will usually find around 60 percent of the transferred fat remains. The body will reabsorb the remaining 40 percent. It’s vital to remember that, since a BBL uses your actual fat, those cells behave like normal fat cells. When you lose or gain weight, it’ll have an effect on them just like any other part of the body. As a result, your Brazilian Butt Lift’s appearance may alter over time. It’s for this reason your surgeon will advise you to try to maintain your normal body weight after surgery. This is the best way to ensure the results last as long as possible.

Will the Results of My BBL Be Permanent?

Many people who come for a BBL in Florida believe the results will be permanent. This is not the case. It’s a semipermanent treatment. This is because fat, by its nature, is semipermanent. Over time, your butt changes. It will increase or decrease in size if you lose or gain a lot of weight. It will also change as you get older as part of the normal aging process. You can, however, maintain a healthy and active lifestyle to get the best possible long-term result. If you can avoid extreme weight changes, you can be confident of a long-lasting result.

How Can I Help Preserve the Result of My Brazilian Butt Lift?

You can expect your BBL results to last a long time. Six weeks after you have the procedure, you should have retained between 60 and 80 percent of the fat transferred. If you take the right precautions after your surgery, you should be able to maintain these results.

For at least three weeks after your BBL, you shouldn’t sit on your butt directly. Yes, this may be inconvenient, but it’s the best way to preserve the results. Maintaining a healthy diet in the future and staying active with a regular workout regime is also important.

It also goes without saying that you should choose the best surgeon to carry out your BBL in Florida. The more experienced and skilled the surgeon, the better the results will be and the longer they’ll last. The best surgeons can correctly purify the fat and inject it in the best way to ensure a long-lasting result.

Will I Need More Procedures in The Future?

Potentially, the result of your BBL could last for many years. It could even last for several decades with no need for any extra procedures. In some cases, however, patients choose to return later in life to have a lift carried out. This will combat the natural sagging that occurs as we age. Sometimes, patients choose skin tightening procedures instead to keep their results looking their best.

Are You Ready for A Brazilian Butt Lift?

Now that you know how long the results of your BBL will last, you are well-placed to decide. Are you ready to arrange your consultation? Here at Artistic Lipo and Plastic Surgery, our cosmetic surgery team looks forward to hearing from you. Dr. Gruber is leading the way in carrying out the BBL in Florida. She can give you expert advice as to your suitability as a candidate and answer all your questions. Call us today to arrange an appointment and begin your journey to the butt of your dreams.