Whether theyâ€™re because of aging, heredity or weight loss, saggy arms arenâ€™t attractive. Changes over time cause your upper arms to droop and sag. Working out may strengthen the muscles under the skin. However, it wonâ€™t deal with the excess skin itself. If the skin loses its elasticity, there is little you can do to improve matters without surgery. Itâ€™s for this reason that so many women seek out an arm lift in Florida.Â
What Is an Arm Lift?
Another name for the arm lift is a Brachioplasty. Arm lifts are surgical procedures that resolve sagging and droopy arms caused by a range of factors. When the patient has an arm lift, her arms look younger and firmer. The procedure involves removing excess fat with incisions made inside the armpit while the patient is under anesthesia. When a skilled surgeon performs the procedure, thereâ€™ll be no remaining noticeable scars.
Why Have an Arm Lift?
There are many reasons why women choose to have an arm lift. They include:
- Eliminating excess upper arm skin for a younger look.
- Making the upper arm slimmer to match a weight loss effort.
- Improved confidence when wearing short-sleeves and sleeveless outfits.
- A better shape of the upper arm they canâ€™t achieve through exercise.
Am I A Good Candidate?
There are several factors surgeons look for in ideal patients. These include:
- Good overall health without any medical conditions that could slow the process of healing.Â
- A robust immune system.
- Relatively stable body weight.Â
- No obesity.
- Substantial amounts of loose underarm skin.
- Commitment to maintaining the tone of the skin in the future through regular exercise.
Arm Lift Types
Two types of arm lifts exist. Choosing the right one for you depends on how much fat or skin requires removal.
- The Mini Lift â€“ Another name for this is a partial incision or minimal arm lift. During this procedure, the surgeon makes a small cut in the armpit. This allows him or her to remove excess fat via liposuction.
- The Upper Arm Lift â€“ Better known as a Brachioplasty, it involves making a cut below the arm from the body to elbow. This allows the surgeon to remove fat via suction before he or she trims away the extra skin.Â
Your surgeon will examine you to determine whether you could benefit from an arm lift. He or she will assess your medical history and recommend the right treatment. If you smoke, you will need to quit before your procedure. You must also ensure you are an appropriate body weight before having surgery.Â
How Is the Arm Lift Performed?
For a mini arm lift, the surgeon will use a local anesthetic. However, he or she will carry out a full Brachioplasty under general anesthesia. The length of the surgery depends on how much skin and fat the surgeon is removing.
Care After Your Arm Lift
After your arm lift in Florida, youâ€™ll need to wear compressive dressings. Usually, your surgeon will use dissolvable sutures. This means thereâ€™s no need for you to have them removed. Sometimes, your surgeon will use anchor sutures. After about 10 days, he or she will remove them. The recovery period is around four to six weeks. Youâ€™ll still have a noticeable scar for around six months. After this stage, youâ€™ll notice the scar begins to fade. You should not lift anything heavy after the procedure for six weeks and you should also avoid driving. You must wear your dressings and compression garments as advised by your surgeon.Â
What You Should Eat After An Arm Lift
You must adhere to a balanced diet after your procedure. You must restrict your fat and carbohydrates intake and eat more high fiber foods and fruits. If you donâ€™t maintain a healthy lifestyle in the future, you could regain the fat. You should also avoid smoking after your arm lift. Smoking only slows down the process of healing and could cause further complications.Â
What are the Short-Term Side Effects of an Arm Lift?
Immediately after your arm lift, you will experience several side effects. Usually, these are only short-term problems and will eventually subside with time. They include:
- Scarring. After your arm lift surgery, you will inevitably have scars. A good surgeon, however, can hide those scars as much as possible. Skilled surgeons make the cuts in the armpit, so they arenâ€™t noticeable. Your scars will be less obvious if you avoid strenuous physical activity after your surgery that could open the incisions.
- Pain. Usually, the pain after your arm lift will be mild. After 48 hours, it will subside considerably. You can relieve the pain if you use the painkillers prescribed by your surgeon.
- Swelling. For several days after your procedure, youâ€™ll experience swelling. You can apply ice packs to resolve this issue.Â
Arranging Your Arm Lift in Florida
Are you uncomfortable about your excess underarm fat and skin? If so, contact the Artlipo team. As a team of highly skilled and experienced plastic surgeons, we can carry out your arm lift in Florida. Itâ€™s our mission to restore your confidence and help you be the best version of yourself.